Wednesday, March 5, 2014

Easter Eggs

     This is such a cute project for Easter that I just had to share it. I just got some of the treat cups with the punch and could not wait to try it. This is what I came up with, and I LOVE it.  Really simple project to put together.  I am going to be taking them to our stamp club meeting this month.



Easter Eggs




     As you can see I had fun with this one from the front looks like cute Easter egg,  Turn it over and it looks like a boiled egg LOL I thought that was a cute touch. Pull the ribbon and the Chick hatches and you get your candy. I Love it so much.  I think the ladies in card club will like it as well.

You will need to cut out three large ovals.  2 white, and 1 DSP.  Cut out 1 oval two sizes smaller in yellow.  Stack all 3 large pieces no glue and take your 1 3/4 inch punch and punch all 3 at once in lower 1/2 of egg.  Then take the treat cup and line it up with the hole on one of the white ovals, then put adhesive on back of DSP and place over cup onto the white layer.  Now with scissors cut zigzag pattern off top.  Now flip egg over and with glue dots place around bottom and sides about 2/3 of the way up egg.  Place 2nd white oval on the back lining it up, this one is not cut.  Decorate the yellow as above and before you place the top of egg on chick place chick in egg and then with a little glue match the two egg pieces together, let glue set and then pull chick out punch hole put ribbon through. Place chick in half way fill cup and push chick in all way to close.
  • Raspberry Ripple, Pretty in Pink, Bashful Blue, Wisteria Wonder, Lucky Limeade, Daffodil Delight, Basic Black, Whisper White, Tangerine Tango, and Baja Breeze card stock.
  • Different Packs of DSP Patterns Stack
  • Basic Black ink
  • 1 3/4 Circle punch, Owl punch, 7/8 Scallop punch, Word Window punch, and Modern Label punch.
  • Oval Framelits
  • Treat Cups
  • White Ribbon
  • Candy (Easter M&M's)


      As always thank you for stopping by and taking a look if you would like any of the supplies you see above you can get them through my BFF and demonstrator Becky Crain at here webpage  www.stampinup.net/esuite/home/beckycrain



7 comments :

  1. OMG so adorable! I made them for Easter last year and every one LOVED them! I would make them open them up in front of me and would giggle every time the little chick emerged! I'm such a kid :) Thank you soo much-a great idea!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank You so much for the comment. I was the same way with my stamping club members. The look on their faces was Priceless.

    ReplyDelete
  3. where can I find these treat cups?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hoping someone can help us find them !!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think that they are unfortunately discontinued from stampin up. So sorry.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I got our treat cups from Ecstasy.
    https://www.ecstasycrafts.ca/search?Query=treat-cups

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm going to try to make them using the cups from the top of YoCrunch Yogurt. I just bought the yogurt and was looking at the caps and wondering what to do with them. Fingers crossed that they will turn out.

    ReplyDelete